The ZenoTOF 7600 system is a new QTOF system that launched at ASMS 2021. The key technological advancements in the ZenoTOF 7600 system provide both significantly enhanced MS/MS sensitivity and a new orthogonal fragmentation mode – electron activated dissociation (EAD). This hybrid collision cell is at the heart of the technological advancements in the ZenoTOF 7600 system.
Learn more about the technology and the applications enabled from these select journal publications.
Zeno trap technology
- Loboda AV, Chernushevich, IV (2009) A novel ion trap that enables high duty cycle and wide m/z range on an orthogonal injection TOF mass spectrometer. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 20(7), 1342–1348.
- Chernushevich IV, Merenbloom SI, Liu S, and Nic Bloomfield N. (2017) A W-geometry ortho-TOF MS with high resolution and up to 100% duty cycle for MS/MS. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 28(10), 2143–2150.
Electron activated dissociation (EAD) technology
- Baba T, Ryumin P, Duchoslav E, Chen K, Chelur A, Loyd B, Chernushevich I. (2021) Dissociation of biomolecules by an intense low-energy electron beam in a high sensitivity Time-of-Flight mass Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 32(8), 1964-1975.
- Baba T, Campbell JL, Le Blanc J, Baker P, Hager JW, Thomson BA. (2017) Development of a Branched Radio-Frequency Ion Trap for Electron Based Dissociation and Related Applications. Mass spectrometry (Tokyo, Japan),6(1), A0058.
- Baba, T., Campbell, J. L., Le Blanc, J. C., Hager, J. W., & Thomson, B. A. (2015). Electron capture dissociation in a branched radio-frequency ion trap. Analytical chemistry, 87(1), 785–792.
- Baba T, Campbell JL, Le Blanc JCY, Baker PRS. (2018) Quantitative structural multi-class lipidomics using differential mobility- Electron Impact Excitation of Ions from Organics (EIEIO) mass spectrometry. Journal of lipid research, 59(5), 910-919.
- Baba T, Campbell JL, Le Blanc J, Baker P. (2017) Distinguishing Cis and Trans Isomers in Intact Complex Lipids Using Electron Impact Excitation of Ions from Organics Mass Spectrometry. Analytical chemistry, 89(14), 7307–7315.
- Baba T, Campbell JL, Le Blanc JC, Baker PR. (2016) Structural identification of triacylglycerol isomers using electron impact excitation of ions from organics (EIEIO). Journal of lipid research, 57(11), 2015–2027.
- Baba T, Campbell JL, Le Blanc, JC, Baker PR. (2016) In-depth sphingomyelin characterization using electron impact excitation of ions from organics and mass spectrometry. Journal of lipid research, 57(5), 858–867.
- Campbell JL, Baba T. (2015) Near-complete structural characterization of phosphatidylcholines using electron impact excitation of ions from organics. Analytical Chemistry, 2;87(11), 5837-45.
- Campbell JL, Baba T, Liu C, Lane CS, Le Blanc J, Hager JW. (2017) Analyzing Glycopeptide Isomers by Combining Differential Mobility Spectrometry with Electron- and Collision-Based Tandem Mass Spectrometry. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 28(7), 1374–1381.
- Baba T, Campbell JL. (2015) Capturing Polyradical Protein Cations after an Electron Capture Event: Evidence for their Stable Distonic Structures in the Gas Phase. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 26(10), 1695–1701.
Metabolites and small molecule analysis
- Ducati AO, Ruskic D, Sosnowski P, Baba T, Bonner R, Hopfgartner, G. (2021) Improved metabolite characterization by liquid chromatography – Tandem mass spectrometry through electron impact type fragments from adduct ions. Analytica chimica acta, 1150, 338207.
- Anand P, Koleto M, Kandula DR, Xiong L, MacNeill R. (2021) Novel hydrophilic-phase extraction, HILIC and high-resolution MS quantification of an RNA oligonucleotide in plasma. Bioanalysis, 14(1), epub.