https://sciex.com/content/SCIEX/na/us/en

What Food Safety Trends are Coming This Year?

Mar 2, 2017 | Blogs, Food / Beverage | 0 comments

As we settle into 2017, I can’t help but reflect on the previous year’s food safety. Take for example the legislative changes meant to contain contamination outbreaks like those happening in places like China, Singapore, and New Zealand. Over the past year, we have developed new methods that detect antibiotics in poultry feed, LC-MS/MS Analysis of Emerging Contaminants, and help set food standards in China. All the while developing more sophisticated technology to keep up with testing demands.

Changes like this do not come easy. At SCIEX, one must be on top of trends before they happen, and as such, our R&D department spent most of the year investing in this new vision and updating mass spectrometry instruments to meet the challenges of today’s food labs.

You can read more about mine and my colleague’s perspectives on emerging technologies in Asian Food Journalin which we not only discuss product innovation and highlights but trends and opportunities too. Meanwhile, keep a look out for monthly blogs keeping you up to date on continuous trends.

The Take Away: Labs around the world are starting to migrate to High-Resolution MS workflows, particularly SWATH® Acquisition. Join me in adding your thoughts on what food and safety trends are coming this year by commenting below.

For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.

Questions and answers to help improve your mycotoxin analysis

During a recent webinar I shared method details for mycotoxin analysis on the SCIEX 7500 system. In this blog i will share the Q&A for the submitted questions that we did not have chance to answer during the live webinar.

A 2-fold revolution: MS approaches for the bioanalysis of oligonucleotide therapeutics

In 1998, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved fomivirsen as the first therapeutic oligonucleotide therapeutic. This approval marked a revolution of mechanism of action discovered decades before finally coming to fruition. Since then, the landscape of chemical modifications of oligonucleotides, conjugations and formulations has evolved tremendously, contributing to improvements in stability, efficacy and safety. Today, more than a dozen antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs) and small interfering RNA (siRNA) drugs are on the market, most of which are designated as orphan drugs for treating rare genetic diseases.

Is “right first time, every time” a pipedream for metabolite identification by LC-MS?

If we lived in an ideal world, it would be possible to unambiguously identify metabolites using a single analytical experiment. This analytical technique would need to be efficient and easily generate the information needed from a routine assay that is also robust, enabling confident decision-making during drug discovery.

Posted by

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Wordpress Social Share Plugin powered by Ultimatelysocial