If you are a scientist working with complex assays, finding a way to significantly improve selectivity of detection could solve some of your biggest analytical headaches. Are we right? If so, then you are in the right place.
If you are confronted with assay selectivity challenges, then explore the SelexION® Differential Mobility Spectrometry (DMS) technology. SelexION technology delivers analyte separation that is orthogonal to mass separation, helping you to achieve a more selective MS assay, without returning to method development and complex sample preparation strategies.
If this is the first time you have read about the SelexION device, we suggest you also read the previous blog in this series where we introduced the ‘Science Behind SelexION DMS Technology’. Before you click on the link, keep reading to find out the top five ways that SelexION addresses your biggest analytical challenges.
- Detection Challenges due to Matrix Interferences? SelexION technology can separate analyte ions from overlapping matrix interferences within complex samples, allowing for more selective detection of your compound of interest and worry-free quantitation.
- Inability to Confidently Separate Isobaric and Isomeric Species? SelexION technology addresses isobaric interferences by separating your sample prior to MS analysis to improve identification, such as separating phospholipid samples into sub-classes for accurate lipid class quantitation or identifying differentially localized modifications on the same peptide sequence.
- Quantitation Limits Hindered by High Background Noise? SelexION technology can reduce or remove background noise signal using the separation power of DMS, allowing your compound of interest to be detected at lower levels than previously possible.
- Lengthy Sample Preparation Procedures? If you’re required to perform lengthy and complex sample preparation procedures and HPLC conditions to separate your analyte of interest from interfering sample matrix components, simplify your prep procedures and rely on DMS orthogonal separation to reduce background and isolate your compound of interest prior to MS detection.
- Looking to Increase Assay Diversity without Decreasing Throughput? Unlike other differential ion mobility approaches, the SelexION DMS device is not permanent. It takes less than 2 minutes to install without breaking vacuum on your system. This means you can use SelexION for your challenging assays, and remove it when it’s not required with minimal impact to your instrument uptime.
Overcome these five common challenges and achieve a new dimension in selectivity by incorporating SelexION DMS separation on your SCIEX Triple Quad™, QTRAP®, or TripleTOF® System.