6 Tips to Keep Your Lab’s Software Up and Running
Is your lab utilizing SCIEX instrumentation but hesitant about upgrading to the latest software release? Perhaps you are uncertain about key features, error codes, or output. Not to worry, behind every great mass spectrometer is an equally powerful software program that calculates your results. From basic to the advanced statistical analysis, we offer more than 20 different software products, each meant to maximize the value of your investment and your research. Here, our team presents some key insights on how to maximize your mass spectrometers, whether one or many.
- Gain Access to Demo Software: Trying software programs before purchasing is an excellent way to make sure you are choosing the right package for analysis, processing, and reporting of your data. Access is not only free but easy. All you need to do is request a demo license key and install the software. Instructions can be found here. Upon purchasing a software product, activation is a breeze. Visit the following page and click on the trial software you wish to activate >
Please note: Support for trial users is limited to 30 days from the activation date. Service requests for your trial product may only be submitted during the first 30 days of your testing period. After this, you will still have unlimited access to support by accessing our Knowledge Base. All trials are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license agreement (EULA) that accompanies the software.
- Download/Upgrade Software: Just as our engineer’s design upgrades for our mass spec instruments, so does our software undergo change to keep up with the demands of growing labs. Perhaps you have already purchased your software, and now you are ready to install it. There are two ways to do this: 1) install the software from the CD, or 2) go the software downloads page located here. Please note that software downloads are compatible with Windows 7 and/ or Windows 10 and are no longer supported in Windows XP.
Some software upgrades are available for purchase, while others are complimentary. To check your software status and software support policies, please visit the following link.
- Transfer Software to a New Computer: The day will come when you must upgrade or replace your computer. Transitioning your software is not difficult. Instead, it is simply a matter of registering your ownership. The current license file can be found on your computer. From there you will want to determine the new MAC address or computer ID, and the support team will work with you to reinstall the license. More details >
Transferring licenses is only necessary when the computer workstation is changed. If a workstation’s OS is updated (say from Windows 7 to Windows 10), usually a license does not need to be transferred.
- Join the Community: Community members get to listen and join in on discussions specific to their instrument and software of choice. For example, one member wanted to know, “What’s the Reason for Broad Peaks, Peaks Tailing, or Peak Fronting?” If you hold a support contract, you can submit questions to our technical support team at any time through our online support form. If you choose not to take advantage of a maintenance program, you can always browse your questions and answers according to your market application or software.
- Visit SCIEX University: Nothing says learning like SCIEX University. Whether you are new to mass spec, looking for a refresher course, or in need of advanced method training, this is one link you will not want to miss. Currently, there are over 46 self-led software courses to choose from across various applications. Training material is frequently updated, and new material is always added. Want to learn more about access? Visit our latest blog.
- Vote and Submit New Ideas: Do you have an idea for new software features and updates to current? We want to hear about it! Our goal is to put your voice into the development process to help us think about and prioritize features. This means listening, organizing, and engaging with you around your suggestions, and representing these to the rest of the organization. SCIEX values collaboration and recognizes you – our community – as key participants. Here is to the most popular ideas, contribute yours now!