https://sciex.com/content/SCIEX/na/us/en

Out with the “If it Ain’t Broke, Don’t Fix it” Approach. In with Remote Monitoring.

Mar 26, 2018 | Blogs, Software, Technology | 0 comments

Often by the time you’re aware of a problem, it’s too late, and disaster has already struck. You’re forced to pick up the pieces—downtime, reduced productivity and lost data.

When your PC goes down, IT comes to the rescue. That’s a reactive approach. In many cases, IT can predict when your PC will fail, based on remote monitoring and diagnostics.

Wouldn’t it be nice if there were a way to fix mass spectrometer issues before they snowballed into an instrument failure? This is where LC-MS remote monitoring comes in.

Mass spec remote monitoring allows your team to observe the current health your system efficiently—from anywhere, at any time.  That means fewer surprises and maximized uptime.

Your SCIEX LC-MS systems are compatible with StatusScope® Remote Monitoring service.  If you have a service or support contract, you just need to have it turned on by your SCIEX service professional. Enabling the StatusScope service will also require some help from your IT department. 

A Case for StatusScope Remote Monitoring
While most IT teams are familiar with the benefits of remote monitoring, network security and stability are their highest priority. Check out the following FAQ’s to help you explain the StatusScope service to your IT department, and address their concerns.

Question: How can I convince my IT team that StatusScope Remote Monitoring is secure?
Answer: The StatusScope Remote Monitoring is unidirectional. This means all communication is initiated from inside your firewall.  All communication is outbound-only, through port 443 with end-to-end encryption.

Only instrument operating parameters are monitored. Proprietary data is safe and not transmitted.

Question: What about encryption standards?
Answer: All SSL communication supports only strong encryption standards (TLS 1.2 only) with no downgrade negotiation

StatusScope Remote Monitoring only supports Transport Layer Security (TLS 1.2), with no downgrade negotiation. Thus, you can be confident that all your instrument operating parameters are within a highly secure environment.

Question: I need to be sure my research data is secure. How do I ensure it won’t get leaked?
Answer: Only instrument operating parameters are monitored. Proprietary data is safe. SCIEX does not collect or retain any analytic or assay information from connected devices.

Question: How do I know SCIEX is a reliable cloud provider?
Answer: StatusScope Remote Monitoring is built on the Axeda Machine Cloud platform from PTC Corp, an industry leader in IoT. PTC has Tier 1 data centers in global locations and is ISO 27001 certified. SCIEX is not running its own cloud; all data transactions happen in the PTC cloud.

Question:  I like the idea of mass spec remote monitoring services, but how do I convince my IT team to take on the project?
Answer: Your IT Team can implement the StatusScope Remote Monitoring Services with little effort. IT only needs to facilitate outbound HTTPS traffic. There is no need to open any new ports. A small number of external IP addresses need to be whitelisted for the StatusScope service to work.

Question: With all the data my research generates, how do I know StatusScope Remote Monitoring will not fill up our bandwidth?
Answer: StatusScope requires low bandwidth, similar to someone performing occasional web browsing.

Better mRNA-LNPs: encapsulation efficiency, mRNA integrity and purity, lipid N-oxides and beyond

Lipid nanoparticles (LNPs) are widely used vehicles for mRNA-based therapeutics and vaccines. However, ionizable lipids used in LNPs can be susceptible to N-oxide impurities that can cause functional loss of the mRNA cargo.

Maximize NPS analysis with accurate mass spectrometry

LC-MS/MS is a powerful analytical tool in forensic toxicology testing that can support a variety of testing regimes such as screening, confirmation and quantitative workflows. More specifically, analysis of NPS using LC-MS/MS provides many advantages, including the ability to reliably detect new drugs and their metabolites from a variety of biological matrices.

Unlock the benefits of nominal mass spectrometry for NPS analysis

The development of analytical methods for the detection and quantitation of drugs and metabolites in a range of biological matrices is a challenging process. Forensic toxicology labs need a reproducible and reliable methodology to ensure the robustness of the data and the quality of the results. They also need robust and sensitive instrumentation that can detect drugs at trace levels with high specificity, especially when it comes to novel psychoactive substances (NPS), which can be difficult to monitor and control.

Posted by

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Wordpress Social Share Plugin powered by Ultimatelysocial