High selectivity is a key component of successful quantitative bioanalysis. As a bioanalyst, we need consistently accurate and robust quantitation of small molecule therapeutics and metabolites. Challenged by complicated matrix interferences, high baseline signal, and lack of isomer resolution, we need to embrace innovative strategies to increase the sensitivity and selectivity of our assays. If our ‘go-to’ is the development of complex HPLC conditions or modifying sample preparation procedures, we will find ourselves bogged down with time-consuming methods that reduce sample throughput. So, what’s the answer?
Imagine a new dimension in bioanalytical selectivity that you never thought possible. One that enables robust and reproducible bioanalytical methods, and meets high throughput requirements. One that reduces background noise, eliminates interferences and separates highly similar compounds, without having to resort to complex HPLC conditions or sample workup procedures.
Well this could very much be your reality.
Significant advances have been made in increasing MS/MS selectivity beyond the gold standard MRM. For example, MRM3 on the QTRAP® systems adds additional selectivity by increasing the number of fragmentation steps by the mass analyzer. Ion mobility presents another attractive option by introducing an orthogonal level of separation after sample ionization, followed by traditional m/z detection.
Although ion mobility techniques have been used extensively for qualitative applications, they have traditionally lacked the required ruggedness and speed required for quantitative bioanalysis. Not anymore, and hereby the end of the history lesson!
SelexION® DMS Technology provides an orthogonal level of separation. It is the first differential ion mobility separation technology to combine sensitivity and selectivity with unmatched reproducibility and robustness. It delivers enhanced analytical separations on demand for isobaric species and co-eluting contaminants, all in an elegantly simple package.
- The introduction of chemical modifier adds a new dimension to selectivity and dramatically increases separation capacity.
- Planar geometry results in high speed and minimal diffusion losses for maximum sensitivity and UHPLC compatibility.
- Highly robust, reproducible, and stable for use in regulated bioanalysis.
- Easy to maintain, and can be Installed or removed in minutes with no need to break vacuum on the mass spectrometer, or use any tools.
Do you want to know more? We thought you might, so we have developed some tech notes to support you in your quest to achieve high performing small molecule therapeutics and metabolite quantitation workflows in drug discovery and development:
- SelexION Technology: A New Solution to Selectivity Challenges in Quantitative Bioanalysis
- Separation of Diastereomeric Flubatine Metabolites using SelexION Technology
- Improving Multiple Reaction Monitoring (MRM) Selectivity for Mesalamine with the SelexION differential mobility separation device
If you are challenged by complex small molecule therapeutics and metabolite quantitation requiring advanced analytical selectivity, look no further. Download the eBook and get access to these technical papers, and so much more. Find out about The Science Behind SelexION Differential Ion Mobility Technology and how SeleXION Addresses Your Biggest Analytical Challenges.Download the eBook >